Saturday, January 9, 2010

New Year's Eve

I realize that New Years Eve was 10 days ago, but I am just now getting around to posting about it...posting which does include pictures!

So I know that for the most part traditionally everyone goes out, gets drunk, and parties to bring in the new year...however becoming a parent changes everything, not to mention I had no desire what-so-ever to go drinking. So instead we stayed in with the babies and Akaiysha had a sleepover with her best friend Ally.


[Ally is on the left, Akaiysha on the right]

The girls actually made it until midnight. They passed the time by playing with their Littlest Pet Shop stuff, Barbie's, and then we all watched movies and ate popcorn, and played games! When midnight rolled around the only person in bed was baby Mason. We watched the ball drop on television, which ended up being a disappointment because they didn't really show the ball dropping, only all the people who were standing around New York.

The girls also wanted me to do their hair so this is what we came up with:




We did 3 french braids, 2 on top one on the bottom, all coming together to form a sloppy bun. It ended up being entirely too cute!

The kid's also had sparkling grape juice with their pizza and I enjoyed one glass of wine, Mike stuck to soda.

It was a great night! I'm glad that I chose to spend it with my babies!! I definitely felt grateful in the morning when I woke up without a hangover! : )

So how did you spend New Year's Eve?

No comments:

Post a Comment